Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Anant, Anhad, Murshid & Maut Ke Darshan ------> On the way to Shimla


On 6th July, after completing my office, I & murshid went to my house at Dwarka. Suddenly we planned to go to our friend ANANT KISHORE's house who lives in Laxmi Nagar. Murshid was wearing a T Shirt and a Pajama and I was wearing a Jeans and a Shirt. I was in shoes and Murshid was in slippers. We sat there for a couple of minutes and then I asked Anant to go for a small drive as I had bought a second hand Alto the same week. As he was half asleep he was again and again refusing to go but we forced him to come with us. We took the road, with a few conditions. The first was, no cell phone for some time, we put all our cell phones in the diggy. The second was, we would not ask anyone for the roads and routes. But these conditions were only between me and murshid. Anant was not aware of the same. I and Murshid hate rock music, but it was being played in the car only because we wanted to distract Anant from getting the hint to near future. Suddenly we took a wrong cut and we were on the Chandigarh Highway. It was 3 AM. Murshid pinched me and I kicked the accelerator. After a few minutes Anant understood that there was something wrong. And after an hour of being fooled finally Anant was shocked to see our determination of going to Shimla. He tried his level best but could not stop us as the only option he had was to get down on the highway and take a bus back to Delhi which was nearly impossible as the weather was very bad. It was 5 PM. After about 100 kilometers we realized that there was flood in Chandigarh and Ambala. It was heavily raining. Anant was wearing a knickers so he was shivering like hell. So I had to put the Heater On. Due to which moisture was there on the windscreen. Secondly now I not enjoying the trip as I was worried about the next day at my office as I had to be there be 8 AM, and I made an estimate to reach back Delhi at 8 AM the next day. Because of the weather the estimation went wrong. Murshid was constantly cleaning the windscreen as there was moisture everywhere. We were at 90 Kmph and when we got down the flyover we dropped to 30 due to the flood. It was actually a near death experience. You can call it the First Maut ka darshan. We continued. Constantly driving without any break for several hours I was the only one in the car who could drive. We had crossed Panipat, Karnal, Pipli, Ambala, Panchkula, and finally were at Kalka at 8AM the time when I to be in office. We had breakfast there and went on for Shimla. I for a minute said "Let’s go back Anant", as the weather was bad. He replied "You can go but now I will go to Shimla in any condition. I was really happy to see the same passion which I and Murshid Possessed was passed on to him. Shivering in his knickers, he was ready for SHIMLA. There were constant landslides taking place. Stone was falling from the hills as it was raining heavily. Cautiously driving we reached Shimla at 12. I called up my mama and narrated the situation to him. He quickly got Ministry of Agriculture guest house booked for us. We went there took a sleep. At 9 we got up and took the way back home. Shimla’s beauty was at its peak and we were not able to spend time there because our trip was not planned. I would like to apologize to Anant, My and Murshid's parents as it is not correct to go for such adventures but I would also like to say at the same time, if this trip was planned, I would never have remembered it. I will never forget this trip ever. I have no regrets for not having time to spend in Shimla. We were back to Delhi at 7AM in the morning and I was at Office, back to that crap life, back to those Concrete Jungles, again away from nature, between uncivilized civilians as a uncivilized civilian myself.

Anhad Kashyap

1 comment: